OPTi-P2 is designed for both experienced practitioners and also those new to the method. If you are a seasoned practitioner, you will find OPTi-P2 invaluable for enabling quick access to the refreshed version of the method. If you are just starting out on your PRINCE2 journey you will find the solution helps give you a re-inforced understanding of the method while you study for the PRINCE2 foundation and practioner exams and after it will also provide an excellent way to start managing your first projects and help cement your newly learned knowledge in the process.
By using the leading business information management application, Mindjet® MindManager® to deliver its visual framework, OPTi-P2 gives you unprecedented flexibility allowing you to customise and tailor your project from beginning to end in a way that no other solution currently offers with the newly updated material from the Office of Government Commerce.
With this new version you can now take more control over your projects and use OPTi-P2 with ANY document type, not just those from Microsoft Office. Here are some of the new features:
- Project Schemas – Now you can create custom schemas to use when project have different requirements.
- Increased Flexibility – Use single files to cover multiple documents
- Improved Map Design – The maps have been redesigned to include icons to indicate actions required by the PRINCE2 method
- Improved Map Navigation – Activity maps now include Next and Previous Activity controls
- User Guidance – Add your own document/URL to topics and display your own tailored versions of the PRINCE2 recommended guidance
- Quicker Code – we have improved code to make OPTi-P2 faster. Instant Health Check updates etc
- Localisation – OPTi-P2 will soon be available in other language versions of PRINCE2. The German version will launch in the next few weeks and a Swedish version is planned to coincide with the release of the Swedish translation of PRINCE2. Other languages to follow include Danish and French.
Create Schema’s for Projects with Varying Demands
The NEW My Schema feature lets you create template schema’s which can then be selected when projects are created to provide differing document sets depending on the needs of the project being managed. You can now change the documents used during project framework creation as well as adding links to your own, tailored guidance documents or web pages that can then be accessed from within the project framework when needed.
Supports More Document Types
Version 2 now supports ANY document when creating projects. Although by default Microsoft Word/Excel documents are used by using the My Schema feature you can now assign your own files of ANY format to ANY document type in OPTi-P2. This means you could use Open Office documents, PDF’s RTF or any other document file format.
New Map Design with Next & Previous Activity
The newly designed maps now have branches that enable you to move forward and back through activities without having to go back to the Project Desktop. The maps have also bee populated with icons to indicate required actions when required. Simply hover the mouse over an icon to see what action is expected.